Monday 17 June 2013

In Office Workouts - A Healthy Day in the Office



Reading tips and tricks for staying healthy at work is one thing, but how about living it? Let’s go through an average day in the office, to show you how easy it is to get into a healthy routine.

Arrival: If it’s a nice day, I park a bit farther from the doors to start off my day with a little walk.
Next, I take the stairs, not the elevator.  If your office if on a high floor,  try getting off the elevator a couple floors early and walk up a couple flights.

At the desk: Pick one exercise to do in the mornings, and another for the afternoon. My favorite way to exercise at the desk is to do leg lifts in the morning, which tighten up your core and arm lifts in the afternoon.  I bring lots of healthy snacks to eat at work like fruit, veggies or a healthy trail mix.

Figure 7. How to Eat Healthier at the Office [Photograph] Julien Lee, 2013, 


Lunch/Breaks: Take all the breaks you’re given! I get up every chance I get to stretch and take a stroll around the building.  On nice days, go for a walk outdoors on your lunch break.  Thinking of new healthy meals to take to work can be hard, so make sure you devote some time to planning your healthy meals, so you don’t fall back on bad habits!


Do you have a healthy office routine? We’d love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment